Promoting youth hockey in New Brighton, MoundsView, St.Anthony and Shoreview MN
Sponsored By:   Feathers, Scales and Tails Full Service Taxidermy
New Brighton, Mn
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Irondale Youth Hockey Association Board Meeting Minutes
 

IYHA Board of Directors Meeting:  June 17, 2010     
 
Meeting called to order at 6:34 pm by President Kevin Bourassa
 
Board Members Present:  Brent Eilefson, Steve Krahn, Dan Marcouiller, Kara Chamberlain, Cyndi Olson, Mike Nundahl
 
Board Members Absent:  Beth Soberg, Chris Drews, Nina Dojan, Rick LaPorte
 
Guests:  Dave Cheney, Ginny LaPorte, Cathy Cheney, Anna Cheney, Max Eilefson, Henry Eilefson, Bruce Mason, Todd Bracher
 
Minutes:  The minutes of the last Board meeting were read. 
 
Kara Chamberlain movedto approve May meeting minutes as read.    Dan Marcouiller second.  Passed without debate.   
 
Board Roundtable:
 
President:  District meeting in next month.  Tournament committee has met, waiting for information regarding splitting tournaments.  Due to timing, we will evaluate this season whether to split tournaments next season.  MV felt they did a majority of the work last year and did not get reward commensurate with their effort.  Feeling is that years prior IYHA has done the heavy lifting.  We will work hard here to continue to make the tournaments successful with MV.  Tadd Toumie new boys HS coach.  12 sets of gear coming to IYHA from MN Hockey (one of 12 assns in MN) that Kevin applied for.  No skates or sticks included.           
 
Vice President:  Absent.  Tournament group to gather soon.  No report.    
 
Secretary:  No report.
 
Treasurer:  Transition continues.  Has laptop and will be at bank to do signatures.
 
Boys Program Coordinator:  Want to meet with Rick and Tadd to get a plan for next season.  Note that non-parent coaches tend to be paid in other associations.  If we want a solid non-parent coach, need to consider paying.  Compare against reimbursing for mileage—may not be much different or more.  Kara has ice, now will finalize warmup and tryouts.   
 
Girls Program Coordinator:  Trying to work with MV, girls coordinator in flux over there.  Girls trophies in my garage.  Come and get them if you don’t want them tossed.  Kevin will swing by and take photos of trophies for digital trophy case. 
 
Initiation Program Coordinator:  Absent.  Looking for a mite coach/parent to step up to be a liaison with D10 and figure out what we need to know.
 
District Representative:  Absent. 
 
Ice Commissioner:  Lets Play Hockey dates set:  9/12 12:30-2:40 SR1; 9/26 3-5:15 SR5.  SR ice to be distributed next week.  Ramsey ice in July.  Girls schedule is in the works, out before August. 
 
Registration Coordinator:   Absent.  No report.
               
Equipment Manager:  Equipment room dank and rank.
 
Standing Reports:
 
Player and Coach Development Committee:  Look to meet soon.
 
LakeRegion:  LR met last night, not attended.
 
Fundraising Committee:   Bruce Mason present and seeking board approval of Dine & Discount program.  Todd Bracher with Diamond Discounts presented details of program.  Goal to have 60-70 vendor discounts by end of summer.  Web-based discount program.  $25 subscription for three months from date person activates the card.  IYHA would retain $20.  No min or max sales.  Diamond Discounts will put together the discounts for our community.  Access to all discounts in area and 37 states.  Available on smartphone as well.
 
                Kara Chamberlain moved to direct Fundraising Committee to pursue Dine and Discounts fundraising program.  Steve Krahn second.  Motion passed following debate.    
 
Potential Partnership Committee:  Dormant. 
 
Website Update:   Ginny LaPorte and Dave Cheney.  Survey is closed.  Results to be downloaded and distributed to executive committee within next two weeks.
 
New Business:  
 
 

  1. Dine and Discounts, see FRC report above.

 
Kara Chamberlain movedto table helmet color matter until Rick LaPorte’s return.  Dan Marcouiller second.  Motion passed without debate.
 
 

  1. Tournament split.  See President’s report.
  2. Ice coordinator assistance discussed.

 
Kara Chamberlain movedto request assistance with ice commissioner function, to double check accurate scheduling and to ensure ice is allocated fairly, such work to count toward fulfillment of volunteer hours.  Mike Nundahl second.  Motion passed without debate.   
 
 Dan Marcouiller movedto adjourn at 7:50 pm.    Kara Chamberlain second.  Meeting adjourned.
 
NEXT BOARD MEETING:  Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:30PM AT NEW BRIGHTON FAMILY SERVICE CENTER