Promoting youth hockey in New Brighton, MoundsView, St.Anthony and Shoreview MN
Sponsored By:   Lake Region Hockey Association
New Brighton, Mn
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Irondale Youth Hockey Association Board Meeting Minutes
 
 

IYHA Board of Directors Meeting:  August 19, 2010 
 
Meeting called to order at 6:40 pm by President Kevin Bourassa
 
Board Members Present:  Chris Drews, Steve Krahn, Kara Chamberlain, Beth Soberg, Cyndi Olson, Mike Nundahl, Rick LaPorte
 
Board Members Absent:  Brent Eilefson, Dan Marcouiller, Nina Dojan
 
Guests:  Bruce Mason, Melanie Peterson
 
Minutes:  The minutes of the last Board meeting were read. 
 
 Beth Soberg movedto approve July meeting minutes as read.  Kara Chamberlain second.  Passed without debate.   
 
Board Roundtable:
 
President: The first 2 parades were great.  Has been to a couple of meetings trying work with Player and Coach Development for new contract.  Will have at next meeting.  We need to continue to recruit.  Numbers are down everywhere.  Has had some talks with other associations about needs an wants.  District 10 has a lot of new items for us to act on.  Keep an eye on D10 website for dates and deadlines.
 
Vice President:  have gone through 2 parades, wanted to give special thanks to Erik chamberlain and Brian Johnson for the help with the puck.  The parades were very successful.  We are looking for 5-6 to serve on tournament committee.  Let him know if you are interested.
 
Secretary:  No report.
 
Treasurer:    New financials Page.  Very excited and promoting that pay by Credit Card feature is available.  Wants to really push this.  There is no need for checks any more.  This feature will be very helpful to treasurers and managers.
 
Boys Program Coordinator:   Optimistic of 3 teams at each level but registration numbers will tell the story.  Ongoing discussions regarding levels at Bantams; Tournaments:  Pre registering 3 per team.  Some of these were selected by parent and coach feedback.  Block out dates sent to Kara as scheduled; Coaches:  Ongoing recruitment especially focusing on non-parent coach at top Bantam team.  Should be succesful in having a non-parent coach at this level; Tryouts/Warmups:  Kara has procured ice and need to finalize dates.  Will be run by a combination of Rick McKelvie and Tadd Tuomie.
 
Would also like 1-2 non-coach parents (any hockey parent) to participate in tryout evaluation process to observe the process and get a good understanding of how teams are selected.  Only qualification is a child in the program.  Please contact me if interested.  Last year same request was made and only had 1 volunteer.  Not volunteer hours.
  

 
Girls Program Coordinator:  Warmups start next month.
 
Initiation Program Coordinator:  Still looking for a Dist 10 liaison and ANY available parents to be coaches this year. Hockey experience not necessary.
 
District Representative:    Team Declarations Oct 2, for Game scheduling.
 
Ice Commissioner:  Has most of the ice and feels we will be able to get the rest.  Needs to find out Mite and Player Development needs.
 
Registration Coordinator:   Registration is open, Get people to register right away.  CEP Cards on line and consent to treat is online.
               
Equipment Manager:  Cost is prohibitive to get a new storage unit.  Room is full, ordering puck bags, Kevin received 12 new Equipment sets for Initiation from USA and Minnesota Hockey.  Will distribute.  Received Degree Jerseys.  Kevin will check with City of New Brighton and Mounds View for other spaces.
 
Standing Reports:
 
Player and Coach Development Committee:  Meeting with Rick McKelvie
 
LakeRegion
 
Fundraising Committee:  Bruce Mason presented the Dine and discount cards and timeline.  Having a community blast day. Discussion regarding distribution of profits.  Treasurer will look into distributing profits electronically to accounts.
 
Rick LaPorte movedto approve the fundraiser with exception of money distribution and prizes.  Kara Chamberlain second.  Motion was tabled to reopen discussion and then motion passed.
 
Cyndi is going to look at how this can be accomplished and let us know.
 
 Potential Partnership Committee:  Dormant. 
 
Website Update:  Ginny to put Tri City on website as a pull tab site.
 
Old Business
 
New Business:  Cut off date for registration.  We have to get final numbers in so we can give accurate teams to District 10 for scheduling.
 
Beth Soberg movedto declare that after 9/24/2010 all players, Squirts – U10 and above will be charged a $50 Administrative Fee.  Chris Drews second.  Motion passed unaminously. 
 
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY AND RECRUIT!!!
 
 Mike Nundahl movedto adjourn at 8:10 pm.  Kara Chamberlain second.  Meeting adjourned.
 

NEXT BOARD MEETING:  Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:30PM AT NEW BRIGHTON FAMILY SERVICE CENTER