Promoting youth hockey in New Brighton, MoundsView, St.Anthony and Shoreview MN
Sponsored By:   Feathers, Scales and Tails Full Service Taxidermy
New Brighton, Mn
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Irondale Youth Hockey Association Board Meeting Minutes
 
 
IYHA December 20, 2012 Board of Directors Meeting:  Called to order 6:34 pm by President Chris Drews
 
Board Members Present:  Rob Hanson, Chris Drews, Shari Kunza, Mark Klein, John Niedfeldt-Thomas, Bill Jacob, Kara Chamberlain, Nicki Oswald, Steve Krahn
 
Board Members Absent: Tom Rodefeld, Brent Eilefson, Rick LaPorte, Adam Schmidt
 
Guests: none
 
Minutes:  The minutes of the September Board meeting were read. 
 
          Board Member moved to approve September board meeting minutes as read.  Board Member second.  Motion passed.
 
Board Roundtable:
 
President:  Attended D10 presidents’ meeting.
 
Vice President:  John NT reported that pictures went well.  We are anticipating a $2000 check from Pure Hockey per email agreement.
 
Secretary:  Absent.  No report.
 
Treasurer:  Bill Jacobs will get the financials out to the board by the end of the year.  We have some players who haven’t paid first or second ice payments.  Bill will send info to coordinators and managers to collect payment.
 
Boys Program Coordinator:  Klein reported that the season is going good.   He will get out a survey to IYHA families to get feedback on the coop with St. Francis.
 
 Girls Program Coordinator:   Absent.  No report.
 
Initiation Program Coordinator:  Jerseys were ordered and delivered.  Contrary to the issue with the K1 jerseys, these were much bigger than anticipated.  However, they are making it work.
 
District Representative:  Absent.  No report.
 
Ice Commissioner:  No report.
 
Registration coordinator:  Rosters are done and signed off on.  At this point, it is going to be very difficult to add a player as the deadline is only 11 days away.
 
Equipment Manager:  The new gold socks are not as durable as the white striped socks.  The weave is looser and players are wearing them out quickly. Steve will look into cost and availability of nylon socks.
 
Boys HS Coach:  Absent.  Report (via email) Adam would like to get involved in the clinics as much as possible.  Adam has assigned boys high school players to mite teams.  Boys will be attending practices when possible.
 
Girls HS Coach:   Absent.  No report.
 
Standing Reports:
 
Player and Coach Development Committee:   
 
Lake Region
 
Fundraising Committee:  
 
Potential Partnership Committee:  Dormant.
 
Website Update:   Dave appears to have had plenty of interest in finding a replacement.  Drews would like to look into NGIN as an option for our website.  The board indicated that they prefer the current website due to the messaging capabilities.
 
Old Business
 
1.             Accepted resignation of Gerry Johnsen as Registration Coordinator.
2.             Appointed Rob Hanson as Registration Coordinator, to fulfill remainder of Gerry Johnsen’s term.
 
New Business:  
 
1.             Escrow Letter: We have more than the required amount of funds in the escrow account at the Superrink.  We are submitting a letter to MASC to find out how much excess we have and if the excess amount can be released for another project. 
 
                Mark Klein moved to direct President Drews to sign the letter.  Kara Chamberlain second.  Motion passed.
 
2.             Jerseys – Krahn submitted documentation that the K1 jerseys we ordered through Dave’s were smaller than the advertised sizing.  Krahn drafted a letter to K1 and Dave’s explaining the problem and asking for help in resolution.  Neither Dave’s nor K1 were willing to replace the jerseys for free. K1 did offer to sew a band in the side seams to get the jerseys to the correct size at no cost.  Steve will arrange for the jerseys to be shipped to K1 and resized at the end of the season, if possible.
 
3.             C Tournament:  (report via email from JNT) -  enrollment in the tournament is lower than expected for various reasons but primarily due to delay caused by Mounds View’s decision to run November tourney solo.  Options at this point are to cancel the C tourney or run with low numbers.  The board supported canceling the 12U, due to only 2 teams being registered.  The remainder brackets will go with final efforts to fill brackets as much as possible.  With AA level, consider running something other than a C tourney.
 
4.             Coon Rapids Ice – Coon Rapids is apparently looking at selling off ice at the Superrink.  Kara will look into purchasing their ice to help us with our ice shortage.
 
5.             Laptop for Ice Commissioner – the ice commissioner has been using her own computer for scheduling ice.  Kara would like the association to purchase a laptop for the ice commissioner position to keep all the information in one place and make it easier to pass along to the next ice commissioner. 
 
                Kara Chamberlain moved to purchase a laptop for the Ice Commissioner with a maximum price of $600.  Mark Klein second.  Motion passed.
 
Steve Krahn moved to adjourn at 8:10.  Shari Kunza second.  Motion passed.
 
NEXT BOARD MEETING:  Thursday, January 17, 2012 6:30PM AT NEW BRIGHTON FAMILY SERVICE CENTER